Green Painter Headline Animator

Google

Monday, January 21, 2008

Keep it simple

Sometime the biggest challenge for me is being overwhelmed by the immensity of a task. When it comes to being "green", I have felt overwhelmed. Instead of giving into this I have made a choice to grow in understanding and to begin to put in place what I know. There is no magic button that we can push to make ourselves "green".
If you compare becoming greener as a painter to a health plan you can see what I mean. As you get into the details of what kind of diet and exercise program to implement you can become disillusioned by all the intricacies and differing opinions. How should we react? Should we just say who cares and give up. I say NO, let's take what we know and start at the foundation. Simple steps like cutting out the obvious things like sugary drinks, and applying moderation. We always have at least one step in the right direction that we can take.
I see cutting out oil paints and stains as the same as not drinking the cola's and sweet tea (if you live in the south). Using moderation in food and drink is like not over buying paint and having a plan for what to do with the extra.
The big tasks are always daunting but if we take steps in the right direction we will get to where we want to go eventually.

No comments: