Green Painter Headline Animator

Google

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Roots- Why not use a Water Based Trim Paint?

The Root reason to not use water based trim paint?

What are our roots and how did we get here? Chances are through much difficulty. Something is always worth what you will give up for it. Even to the point that we are willing to give up our lives. Are the reason I held on to oil based trim paint so long worth my quality of life or someone else (not to mention physical heath). Why not choose a paint that is healthier. What is the real root reason. I think it is that we are comfortable with what we have known. Change is hard for some. When making the decision to use a healthier product you are making the choice to better someone else life.
Years ago I decided to make the commitment to use water based paints on trim instead of oil. I felt that I would have to sacrifice quality. As I made the commitment I worked out the bugs. I only gained benefits and quality. Once in a while I have a customer that want to use oil base trim paints, but I get to be the one to tell them the success that I have had with water based enamels.
The key question for me was; was what I was giving up more important then what I was gaining. I realized that the differences in quality were not significant even before I learned which products to use and how. The benefits far out weigh the costs. When you half try a new paint system chances are you will not stick with it. If you take your current knowledge and commit to what you know is best you will learn how to make it work for you.

No comments: